Scotandville Magnet High School
Scotlandville Magnet High School Website
History of Scotlandville Magnet High School
SCOTLANDVILLE HIGH SCHOOL - BEGINNING
In 1952 a public school was constructed on Elmgrove Garden Drive with classes starting at grades seventh and eighth and each year a grade was added to the high school and in 1956 members of the first graduating class received diplomas.
Four years later a new senior high school was completed on Baker Road (Highway 19). The former high school became Scotlandville Junior High (later Middle School), offering grades 6-8, and the newly built school on Baker Road was officially Scotlandville Senior High School in 1960.
Scotlandville High School evolved into a dedicated magnet school focusing on engineering in 1982 and in 1997 it became a three-tier school with educational programs for magnet and community students as well as an engineering professions curriculum.