Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Local Support Groups
The following links provide access to local support group information.
Other Health Issues
You can access our Community Information Database to find more local support groups as well as clubs, service organizations and governmental agencies.
Community Information Database
You can use the library's Commmunity Information Database to find local support groups. The Community Information Database works just like the library's catalog, except, instead of books, you can find information about local organizations. In it, you can find contact information such as phone numbers and addresses, a description of the activity and scope of the organization, and meeting times and locations.
For example, to find an Alzheimer's support group:
- To use the Community Information Database, go to the library home page (www.ebr.lib.la.us). There is a search box at the very top of the page.
- Type in your search term or keyword, such as alzheimer's.
- Change the drop down box from This Site to Community Information. That way, you will only search the Community Information Database rather than the wesite or the catalog.
- You will find a list of organizations that contain that word in their name or description. Click on full record to access the more information about the organization.
- Alternately, you can search for all supports groups by searching for support groups, since that is one of the subject terms the library uses to describe support groups.