Skip to Main Content

Legal: How do I file a complaint against a legal professional in Louisiana?

Ethics Complaints and Fee Disputes

If you would like to formally complain about the behavior or ethics of a Louisiana-licensed legal professional, you may do either of the following:

  • Contact the Office of Disciplinary Counsel by mail at:

    Office of Disciplinary Counsel
    4000 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., Suite 607
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70816

    Be sure to include a copy of the
    Disciplinary Counsel Complaint Form.

  • Call the Office of Discipinary Counsel directly at (225) 293-3900.

If you have a dispute regarding legal fees you may have some recourse through the Louisiana State Bar Association Lawyer Fee Dispute Resolution Program

Contact Us

Profile Photo
Library Information Service
7711 Goodwood Blvd

Baton Rouge, LA 70806

(225) 231-3750